Educator Professional Development
Children's Museum of Pittsburgh and MuseumLab are currently closed in accordance with the recommendation of PA Governor Tom Wolf to limit large group activity and close the schools in Pennsylvania. You can learn more here.
As a result of the Museum's closure, the following one-day workshops have been cancelled:
- Literature & Making - April 16
- Collaborating Through Art - May 7
If you have questions about Educator Professional Development, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maker Educator Boot Camp
Hosted by MAKESHOP at Children's Museum of Pittsburgh and MuseumLab
Developed through years of experience and research in the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh’s MAKESHOP, Boot Camp emphasizes that maker education is about more than a space and the right tools。 Participants will:
- Work in individual and group settings for both hands-on activities and discussions
- Attend four process-focused workshops, designed to give both practical and theoretical insight into different forms of making
- Use both MAKESHOP’s Principles of Practice and other research tools to delve deeply into the learning that happens through making
- Use visioning tools designed by the Museum’s Learning and Research department to inform institutional direction as it relates to making
We recommend attending with another representative of your institution, be it a teacher, librarian or administrator, so you can support each other’s efforts and implementations beyond Boot Camp. Act 48 hours provided.
June 16-19 (Tues-Fri)
August 4-7 (Tues-Fri)
9:00 am - 3:00 pm | $900 per participant - lunch included
Pixar In A Box
9:00am - 3:00pm | $500 per participant - lunch included
Dive into a week-long professional development learning experience in the Pixar storytelling process. Designed by its senior artists and computer scientists, Pixar in a Box (PIAB) allows you to become part of a creative storytelling team, creating digital storyboards while integrating important art and language skills. Engage with PIAB resources, as well as additional resources created especially for educators. Learn how PIAB enhances core school-based content areas and techniques for integrating PIAB into work with students. Educators completing the PD workshop will receive an official Pixar in a Box classroom certification and Act 48 credit.
to get news of upcoming opportunities.
Professional Development programs supported by Federal Express.