New! Puppets: A Beautiful Fantasy
Come explore the art of puppetry through storytelling, puppet building, and performance in this new hands-on exhibit.
Activities in the exhibit will rotate often and include:*
Writing a script for a puppet show and developing a cast of characters
Engineering puppets using a variety of tools and techniques
Exploring how costumes can tell their own story
Performing a show at one of our puppet theaters
Exploring a selection of puppets from around the world
*New activities may be introduced to replace these as we prototype new ideas.
Puppets: A Beautiful Fantasy is inspired by puppets from the Children's Museum's Margo Lovelace Collection and the rich puppet history of Pittsburgh and the world.
Check the Calendar of Events for special Studio activities every month, such as:
- Learning new art forms and creating new artworks with artists in residence.
The Art Here
- by Dick Esterle
- puppets from the collection of Margo Lovelace
- photos from the Curtis Theater Collection, Archives and Special Collections, University of Pittsburgh Library System
Principles of Practice
The design of the Studio incorporates many sustainable features, including:
- Original wood and terrazzo floor
- Natural light
- Historic stained glass windows
Related Field Trips
Use the downloadable file below for tips for before and after your visit to the Studio。